CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Unfinished Business

Unfinished business. That is the slogan of a local high school baseball team this year. I was thinking about that statement and I could not help but share my thoughts...

The spirit of competition is fueled by unfinished business. We are finishing the business of winning that state title we lost by just two points last year. We are finishing the business of winning a decade of championships. We recruit to finish business with the next big athlete on our team. We condition ourselves physically to finish the business of that marathon goal. We meet with that coach just one more time to perfect the skills that will help us finish the unfinished business. We sacrifice, support and pray to finish the business of the dream realized. We train, we push, we cheer, we pursue. We are persistent at finishing the business that fuels our competitive spirits.


24-25You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.

26-27I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (The Message)

So what I think about all that is this...as a wife, mom, woman and daughter of God I have unfinished business. As a wife I have the unfinished business of supporting my husband today. I have unfinished business as a mother to love, encourage, and build up (even though I have moments of pure insanity:) my children. As a woman I have dreams that God needs me to realize and accomplish whether professionally, personally or spiritually. As a daughter of the King of Kings I have the unfinished business of acting as His child. I have business to do in my neighborhood, and in the community that we live, and with the family that I love. I have unfinished business to proclaim His name through my daily actions and the way in which I live.

Ladies our husbands my be coaching up teams to finish unfinished business or training to finish the unfinished business of atheletic achievement in the professional ranks, but we...we are facing our own unfinished business. You have business you know needs finishing. Finish the business of serving your family today. Finish the business of loving those around you. Finish the business of supporting your husband everyday. Finish the business of following that dream or reaching that goal. Finish that business of doing the daily "blah-ness" of life with vibrant tenacity. Finish the business of planning that vacation, or slowing down long enough to SEE what is going on around you. Ladies let's finish the business at hand!

18-20Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:18-20

Unfinished business huh? I say we finish it! :)

Love to you today,
Cari

0 comments: