CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Journal of a Wife...

Seems like yesterday when we were all together at Simply You Cafe in Colleyville, Texas. We heard some incredible wisdom from Jane Armstrong, who together with her husband Neil have influenced so many through time spent on the staffs of Oklahoma A&M (Oklahoma State University), Chicago Bears and most notably under Tom Landry and the Dallas Cowboys just to name a few. What a rich blessing that was to gain insight and understanding from such an amazing little lady!

And then we were so honored to hear some great advice on how to be The Organized Wife from The Coach's Wife herself, Carolyn Allen who has written the book The Coach's Wife and developed such a successful ministry for wives all across the country! She has been a coach's wife thirty-two years to Randy Allen, head football coach at Highland Park High School in Dallas, Texas. Please check out her website when you get a chance...and sign up for the network she has created!! It is so fun to connect with other coach's wives across the country! As well as having a great time to fellowship together with sweet friends!

One of the items in your gift bags that day was a journal. I had gotten an idea from another wife to take a picture of your family and place that in the front of the journal at the start of the season. Then journal about the highs and lows of life thoughout the year. When the season is over snap another photo of your family and see where you are! Just thought I would give a little reminder and encourage you to start one if you haven't already. It has been a great outlet for me as we are starting a new journey at Southwestern Oklahoma State University where Toby will be the Secondary football coach and Recruiting coordinator. I am planning on posting some entries on this blog...should be entertaining! :) And I would love to receive "entries" from your journal to post. We all need to know we are not alone in this life as a wife! If you have a short entry please email me!

You are amazing, strong, confident women that are juggling a lot and I am honored to call you friends! Keep up the good work!

1 comments:

Farden's said...

I just was checking out your new blogspot. I love it. I wish I would write down more of the experiences of a new coach's wife. Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about the Trotter family and we miss you so much! I am praying for your house to sell and for your new adventure in Weatherford, OK!
Love the Trotter's!
Lisa Farden