CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bathroom Break...


Today I was remembering a funny story about a bathroom break that I am hoping you can relate to. And get a chuckle out of...

This was something that happened when Toby was the FCA rep for TCU but I know it will happen again. Especially as a coach's wife. We were headed to the SMU/TCU football game and I was armed and ready with my Mary Poppins bag of goodies. I had supper, snacks, camera, coloring books, crayons, toys and a partridge in a pair tree. Toby spent the game down on the sidelines so it was just the kids and me in the stands. As we are making our way down to our seats of course we are getting some looks. I mean I look like I am ready to go backpacking across Europe with the pack I have on my back. I am trying hold on to a very active infant and aid my then 2 1/2 year old down some very steep steps. We finally make it to our seats and I start to unload the bag of goodies. I get Ainsley's baby bib on and I am about to feed her some baby food when my Cade says, "Oh, mommie I have to go to the bathroom!"

Huh? Ooookkkkaaayyy?!?! Don't know if anyone can relate to this but I say okay at least 500 times a day!

So we re-pack the backpack and climb the stairs to the bathroom. We finally make it in to the bathroom and get to a "clean" stall. To which I am saying "Please don't touch anything." Of course they are both touching things faster than I can say Baby Wipe so I am trying to hurry us through this little potty break. As we emerge from the stall I am re-packing, trying to wipe the kids down and pull up Cade's pants when I realize there is this woman standing there. She bends down to my level and with the kindest heart says "Honey, do you need some help?" All I could do was chuckle. We must have been quiet a sight sitting there on the bathroom floor.

The moral to this story is you just have to laugh. I could have been really offended by her comments but what was I going to do, we were sitting on the floor of the bathroom, my son was having major underwear malfunctions, and my daughter was moving like a spider monkey. We were hilarious, and yes probably looked like we needed some help.

It was a moment in time. And I just laughed, and the woman laughed. It ended up being a sweet moment. As wives and mothers we have a lot we are balancing. I thought I was so prepared with my Euro pack of tricks, but I didn't anticipate the bathroom break by myself with two kids. I am realizing there are lots that we won't anticipate. But if we just laugh and embrace the moment they can turn into the sweetest blessings. What I do know is that moment made me human. I try to be super wife, super mommie and super woman but truth be told I am just as human as can be. I have to rely on the Lord to get me through those unexpected bathroom breaks with Joy!

"A joyful heart is good medicine.." Proverbs 17:22

So when you are thinking you are all alone in the middle of a bathroom break with your kids and tons of stuff falling out everywhere remember, you are not alone. I am probably doing the same thing with my kids :) And although I don't know much, I know that God is with me too. He sees us battling and trying to take on the world and He promises not to leave us alone in our weaknesses. Stand strong sweet ladies and laugh! Laugh a lot!!!!

1 comments:

Anniebanannie said...

Hey Cari! (It's Leean btw, KD from o-state)

Love this story and oh, how I can relate! This is such a great place to write about the happenings of a coach's wife and family, b/c how we all know...there are plenty to write about!

It's so reassuring to know that when we feel that we're alone, the only ones in life with a schedule out of the "norm," that others are right there with us, sharing the same bathroom stories and craziness of perfecting the multitasking skill!

Kudos to you for remaining calm and turning it into a fun memory.