CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Cracked Pot...


I am re-reading an awesome book that I LOVE! It is Warrior Chicks by Holly Wagner...anyone that is needing an extra boost of confidence from God should grab and devour this book...I seriously love it that much :)...anywho...I was reading today and there was a story she tells that I thought was perfect to share today! Enjoy!

"A water-bearer carries two large pots on a yoke across his shoulders up the hill from the river to his master's house each day. One has a crack and leaks half its water out each day before arriving at the house. The other pot is perfect and always delivers a full portion of water after the long walk from the river.

Finally, after years of arriving half-empty and feeling guilty, the cracked pot apologized to the water-bearer. It was miserable. "I'm sorry that I couldn't accomplish what the perfect pot did."

The water-bearer said, "What do you have to apologize for?"

"After all this time, I still only deliver half my load of water. I make more work for you because of my flaw."

The man smiled and told the pot. "Take note of all the lovely flowers growing on the side of the path where I carried you. The flowers grew so lovely because of the water you leaked. There are no flowers on the perfect pot's side."

I would like to say that there is no "perfect" pot. All of us have a past or hurts or issues we are dealing with. The point is that our past - or what we might see as flaws - can create beauty. You and I must understand, really understand, all the way to our core, that we are beautiful. Just the way we are. Only when we realize this will we be able to extend our hand to help-which is one of the reasons we are still breathing. We were created to join God in doing the work He does, the good work we had better be doing. Believe it or not, God is counting on you and me to co-labor with Him to bring His love and goodness to the planet. We are not just spectators; we are participants. And being a participant in His army makes us soldiers. And if we choose, we can become a warrior-and since we are beautiful, that makes us beautiful warriors!"


Yeah...I'm fired up!! If that isn't a great locker room pep-talk I don't know what is!! Ladies I hope that encourages you today like it encouraged me. Man, it makes me what to charge the field in like a "crazy lady-gone Braveheart" kinda way ;)!!

I read that and I realize that as long as I keep learning from what I think might be a mistake or a misstep God can make a beautiful garden grow! I just gotta keep stepping, keep cheering, keep loving, keep growing and keep reaching out to help those around me!! So fellow "cracked pots" ;) let's keep spilling out living water!!

"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:38

Love to you from a very cracked pot ;),
Cari

0 comments: