CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

A cheerful heart!

Hi chickas! How's it going? Awesome I hope!! Praying for you to have JOY today and to be filled up with tons of "cheer"!!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine!!" Proverbs 17:22

I had a few fun ideas I thought I would pass your way and I am hoping that you have some you could pass back! I am always looking for new fun things to spice up life, you gotta keep things interesting! Plus it is always fun to share cool finds!

First, my coach just left for an away game. It had been a rough week of "to do's" and working on eligibility requirements for some players, tough practices and then the thought of spending 6 hours on a bus....well lets just say there won't be febreeze handy :) The kids and I won't be going on this trip, but we still wanted coach to know we love him and we would be cheering him on! So we pulled together a quick travel bag of goodies...nothing too fancy, but it meant the world to Toby. It really is all about the simple things in life and sometimes I think I make things way to complicated.
Today we didn't have much time, but we used the time we had along with a little bit of cash and we whipped up something sweet and special for coach. We bought two sport's illustrated magazines, I printed off 3 of our favorite game day pics and put laminate over them (Scotch brand has some awesome "do-it-yourself" laminate I found @ Walmart to cover photos!), and wrote some inspirational quotes and scripture on the back, as well as two big zip-lock baggies of Oreos!
Ladies it doesn't take much, they just want to know you love 'em and you believe in them to do the job at hand!

I also have a website to give you. My friend has started making some adorable hats and she made me one for SWOSU, well it is just too cute so I have to share!
Thought it would be a great gift idea for other wives on your staff as well as being a new gift for yourself! Her web address is www.hannaspaige.com and it has her info on there to order and design your own hat!

I love you so much and I so respect the job you do! Keep it up! It isn't easy, but you are doing an INCREDIBLE job!!!

Love, love,
Cari

0 comments: