CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Dear Ladies,


I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself. My husband, Toby Trotter, and I are loving the opportunity to serve the Lord through FCA. Toby is the Area Representative for the Greater Fort Worth area, including the role of Football Chaplain for Texas Christian University.

The Lord is our light and salvation and has been the strength of our lives. I have played the role of athlete, participating in competitive gymnastics for 12 years as well as surviving my first marathon 3 years ago. Only God knows how that happened...lots of goo and Gatorade! I am the proud daughter to a baseball coach and sister to three brothers. One, a left-handed pitcher for the Washington Nationals and twin brothers who are both considered top high school athletes. During college I spent three very special summers as a counselor at Kanakuk Kamps, a Christian Athletic Camp in Missouri. When Toby and I were first married he coached small college football at Southern Nazarene University in Oklahoma City. He then went on to represent professional baseball players for over 2 years. My most present roll is serving as the compliment to my husband as he represents Greater Fort Worth FCA, as well as being the CEO of the Trotter household and loving the role of mother to 2 year old Cade Everett and 8 month old Ainsley Belle! To which none of those roles supersede being a daughter of the King of Kings!

The Lord has used FCA in such a special way in my life and I am honored that He has opened the opportunity for me to give back by serving you! I have a HUGE heart for your roll and have had the honor of watching my mother serve our family sacrificially as a coach's wife my whole life. I have watched her sacrifice many a day to herself as she played the role of taxi driver, chef, accountant, counselor, nurse..and cheerleader. And now as a wife I see a direct effect on the LIFE of my husband when I can support, encourage and lead him back to confidence in the Lord to be a man of purpose and influence. But, my ability to see clearly and love him in that way is in direct relationship to what I am feeding myself. And I know it is a battle to feed your mind and heart peace, love, joy and kindness toward your "schedule pulled" husbands when you have just as many or more pulls on your life....especially when they coach.

But there is hope and our prayer at FCA is that we can join together in loving our God, serving our husbands and impacting the world for Jesus Christ through the vehicle of athletics.

Love to you!
Cari Trotter
Greater Fort Worth FCA

0 comments: