CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just Keep Stirring...

Today Toby shared the devotional that he was using for his area coaches and I could not help but send it your way, it ministered to me and I am hoping it does the same for you!

The Big 12 Championship game was fast approaching and I was making some of my famous hot wings for a half-time grub. My almost three-year-old son Cade wanted to help Dad out in our preperation of man-food. So, as always, he pushed a chair over to the counter and asked what to do. I put out a huge bowl and gave him a whisk. He had one job. Stir.

At almost 3 yrs old, he had no idea what ingredients to use, when to put them in, and how much to use. All he needed to do was stir. I took care of the rest. I added just the right ingredients, at the right time, in the right quantity, and made sure he wasn't stirring too fast or too slow. When he needed guidance, I gave it. When he was stirring too fast, I slowed him down. When he wasn't going fast enough, I encouraged him to get going.

Whatever life spot you are in as a Coach, You have steps you want to take, dreams you want to be realized, worries you want gone. You may question your calling, what the meaning of all this is, how it all fits together, and where on earth you will end up. The great news is that God has been here before. All he needs you to do is keep stirring.

"So here's what I think. The best thing you can do right now is to finish what you started last year and not let those good intentions grow stale. Your heart's been in the right place all along. You've got what it takes to finish it up, so go for it. Once the commitment is clear, you do what you can, not what you can't. The heart regulates the hands." -2 Corinthians 8:10-14

Cade didn't care what ingredients were going in, he knew that in the end, Dad knew best and it would taste great. His heart regulated his hands. He didn't try to take control, he did what he could...stirring, and knew that I would take care of ther rest.

In this season of financial stress, seasons ending and seasons beginning, know that all God needs you to do is stir. You're heart is in the right place, You've got what it takes to finish it up, let God take care of the ingredients, timing, and results. Just keep stirring.

Coaches, may you and your family know that your are called and blessed to "keep stirring" your influence in everything you do.

Toby Trotter
FCA

0 comments: